Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Trip to Africa by Brynlee

I'm going on a trip to Africa with my cousins Amanda, Ashley and our two families. We went into the kitchen and we heard on the radio that there's a chance to earn one billion dollars but you've got to get on a tube and float around the African Ocean.
"The African Ocean is the world's most shark-filled ocean in the world," said my older cousin."
"The only reason why you know that is because you're a Shark Week Freak."
"Whatever," he said, "but I'm going to do it because I have swam with Grea White sharks but every knew I was joking.  they agreed to play a prank on our parents with me.  We went to ask them if we could do it.  We asked them and they said yes.  They thought we meant to go in a swimming pool on a tube and we could only do it when there were two teen hammerhead sharks in it which their size would probalby be seven feet long.  On the way to the airport, I felt kind of scared.
I told Amanda and Ashley, "Maybe it's a crazy idea to float around the African Ocean on a tube."
"I agree," said Ashley.
"Me too," I said.  Another reason is because there are millions of sharks, squids and humongous whales.  They both agreed with me so we asked our parents not to do it. They said, "What?!  It's in a real ocean!!!!"
We already signed up!  Are you CRAZY?!  Shhhhh!  Do you want to wake the whole neighborhood?  PS They were there at 6:30pm.  As they got on the plane, they were all horrified.  When we sat down, a lady offered us some cookies and juice and we all said, "Yes, please."  When we got there, Amanda was asleep and so me and Ashley got some pillows and whacked her with them.  She laughed and we continued the pillow fight but then we remembered today was the day of the African Ocean.  Then, I also remembered on the radio it said, "Life jackets are not required."  Come on, Ashley said.  So you're telling me we could just fall out and die," she added.  "That's right," said her dad.  "It's hard to believe but were going to do it.  It will be fun, you'll see."  "Okay today's the day," said Amanda.  "In less than one hour, we're going on the tube."
Minutes went past and soon they could all possibly be dead.  It was time to go and get ready.  We drove over to the ocean half excited, half scared but mostly scared.  When we got there, we hopped on the tube but for a weird reason, it was a two family tube boat.  All of the sudden, I saw a Great White, thirteen feet long.  I warned them but we had already floated off to sea.
"This is an adventure," said my brother.
We hit a big wave.  In fact, it was five feet tall but that was just the beginning.  We hit lots of other waves too.  When I looked up, we were in the sky.  There we were on a fifty foot wave.  The tube did a big back flip into the air.  Fortunately, we all landed on the tube boat.  I wanted to talk to Amanda so I called her name.
"Amanda! Amanda!" I said but he didn't answer.  All of the sudden, I heard some splashing.  Of course, you think it's a shark, but it's worse.  I looked down and there she was.  I tried and tried to pull her in but the tube was kind of tipping.  So I grabbed a rope from the tube in case of emergency and pulled her onto the tube.  Yes, she was wet and disturbing but I didn't care.  Everyone was proud of me especially her brothers Steven and Nathan, her sisters Ashley, Malia, Abbi and her parents.  Okay, fine, her brother Steven didn't really care but I still felt special.
"Land isn't that far."
"It's only six hundred fifty one miles across," said my mom.  We chatted a lot but we were still afraid of the dangerous things out there.
"Let's just be glad we're not in the Italian ocean because that's one of the oceans that has the most whale sharks in the world," I said.
Okay, I watch shark week every once in a while but I'm not a shark week freak.  All of the sudden, a group of dolphins jumped into the air.  What a surprise.  Ashley saw shadows in the water.  Huge shark-sized shadows.  The biggest one was who knows how big it was.  If I were to guess, it would probably be twenty feet tall and five feet wide but of course that was just my guess.  We saw some waterfalls but they weren't that big.  Up next I saw a waterfall fifty, sixty one hundred I don't know how big it was.  Luckily, we had floated all the way over to the other side of the ocean and so I grabbed a tree branch and pulled but we were two feet away from the waterfall.  I pulled us on to the side and hurray!  We all got off.  It was a long walk home.
The End
PS Somebody found us on land. I guess we all boated home.  The end finally.

1 comment: